zondag 11 mei 2014

"Fatties have feelings too"

Hi Guys

I'm so frustrated I need to write this down.

The last two years my life has been all about weight and body image.
Well this is nothing new.., I have been struggling with weight ever since I started eating, but the last few months I came to a sad conclusion..

I've been raised in a family where food was an instant temper booster, restaurants were considered as a local theme park and desserts were a meal, not a course. 
We did eat vegetables and other healthy foods, but it's the calories that count, and my metabolism is not really my best pal.

I never really cared about what people were thinking about my looks, I thought I was being sincere and nice, people wouldn't notice that extra weight. I was definitely wrong. 

During the years, I've been through a lot of diets. They were successful, but not for long.
For years, I was being categorized as "great face, but the body not so much" 
So, after a while  I just didn't get why the heck I would leave all the yummie food, just to get people's appreciation? 

When I turned 25, I didn't feel that great. I started to realize I had to loose weight in order to be and feel my best self again. 
I changed my eating habits and in two months, I lost 20 kilos.
I gained a lot of respect but still, I got the most awkward reactions. Some people told me to stop losing weight, other people told me those 20 kilos were a good start. 
The only thing I could think, was: 'WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE, I DIDN'T LOOSE WEIGHT FOR YOUUU'. 












Of course, I do realize, in our idealistic world,  being big is not really attractive.
But still, I think it's wrong people are being judged only on their looks.
Especially, when the judges are people that eat like they haven't been fed for about 100 years.It's not funny, seeing other people having food binges, telling you shouldn't have that last piece of cake, when in fact they already ate 50% of it.

To be clear, I'm not angry, I just see a lot of people around me that are a bigger, wanting to loose weight, not because they feel bad, but because they get remarks all the time. And that is so so WRONG WRONG.

I have a big fat message for you. Don't be harsh on bigger people.Stop thinking that being bigger is a choice. When you hurt someones feelings by telling them your truth, you are making the choice to be a big asshole.

Don't forget, one day it could be you, and would you liked to be judged on your wide ass, just because you couldn't resist that last piece of chocolate pie?

something to think about! ;)

Cheerio

Eva

7 opmerkingen:

  1. goed geschreven! ben het met je eens, we oordelen zo hard over iedereen !
    it takes 2 to fashion

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Such an honest story to share :) I can't really know how you feel because I I can eat a lot without gaining weight (I do get big zits :p), but two of my best friends have been struggling with their weight since they were young... And I see how much it hurts them when we go out for dinner and people stair.... Some people don't realize that they are just 'lucky'. That they could have the same weight if their body didn't burn everything they eat that well. And still they dare to say to others: eat less. Like that's the only reason why people can have some extra kilo's... I can really get so angry when someone says that!

    Anyway, I think you looked great before and you look great know! And it's indeed about how you feel with your new body, not what others thinks and it's especially not to please others! So feel proud on yourself :)

    x Aurélie

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. thanks Aurélie,you are right, it's hard out there :)
      That's a real nice to say, bodies may change, people don't!

      Verwijderen