maandag 12 mei 2014

With a little understanding - part I

I grew up in a big free-standing house. Being the youngest child, I had all the space I could wish for. Except for my mommie who did love to dance and sing through the house while she was cleaning, "noise" was something non-existent. 

When I was 23 years old, it was time to spread my wings and so I moved out and started renting a small studio not far away from my parents. Thinking about this now, I do regret that I stopped looking for a real apartment, but at that time, all I could think about is being independent. 

My studio was one of the four studios on the third floor.
The first few months, I just had one neighbour. I remember coming home and finding a present in front of my door: it was a bottle of air freshener, a 5 € - meal voucher and a post-it with the words "enjoy! xx ". After a few days, he came to my studio and explained why he gave me the air freshener. 

A few days earlier I have had a housewarming party. The house was next to a bakery, and the smell of the oven (I suppose it was the oven) was kind of penetrating. To solve that problem, we bought some airfreshener dispensers and put them in the hallway. 
Now, my poor neighbour was telling me he was really convinced we accused him of a bad body odour. 
Hearing this, I just didn't know how to react appriopately.. his reaction was kind of WEIRD, but still it was a nice gesture. So I politely thanked him for the presents and had a silent giggle when he left. After all, I was the new kid on the block and I had to adjust myself, not the other way around.

After a few weeks living in my new studio, I started realizing his reaction was not the only weirdest thing about him...

Wanna read more? Check out this blog soon for Part II

Cheerio

Eva

7 opmerkingen: